Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How does this work if I'm not local?
A: I've coached clients all over the world via Skype.
Q: Can I write this off on my taxes?
A: If you are self employed you can write off a portion of the coaching as business coaching as we get into a lot of that.
Q: Can I put this under insurance or HSA?
A: Probably not... But if you have an HSA or FSA, then possibly.. If not, then call and ask, but most likely no.
Q: Do you work with adults with other issues besides ADHD?
A: Yes, I myself suffered with 5 other mental illnesses before being 18 years symptom and medication free. I have experience working with people in many different
Q: Do you work with entrepreneurs and teach techniques on business growth?
A: Yes, most of my clients are entrepreneurs. I coach entrepreneurs on a daily basis, and not only teach self mastery as the key to business growth, but also very specific strategies on how to build a successful business. I used these very principles years ago to build a vibrant business within 12 months.
Q: Do you work with anyone?
A: I am very selective with who I work with, and have all potential clients apply into the program.
Q: Is there an application fee?
A: There is a modest application fee that will be refunded if you are not accepted into the program.
Q: What are your credentials, certifications, and experience?
A: Below are a list of them.
- Ph.B (honorary research degree) from Univ. of Pitt. in the study of transpersonal psychology, tai chi physiology, and human potential. I specially studied peak performance abilities, impacts of tai chi and meditation on the mind, uses of mindfulness integrated into psychology for treatment of various mental illness, and how the brain has the ability to change through training and practice.
- 5,000 hour level Tai Chi and Qigong certified Master Teacher
- 20,000 hours of coaching experience with hundreds of clients around the world
- Coach, Consultant, and Speaker for fortune 500 companies
- Awarded Emerging Leader by Get Involved! for our work in the community
- My company has worked for dozens of Corporations, non profits, and associations
- Ran programs in public and private schools for kids and staff
- Sat on several steering committee boards for public school programs
- Worked with almost every situation from elderly to youth, at risk populations, businesses, corporations, artists, etc....
- Trained 100s of entrepreneurs, and continue to do so on a daily basis
- Prior Consult and Director of R&D in Energy and Legal Sector
- Ran several successful online and offline businesses
- 20+ years experience with ADHD
- 20+ years of mindfulness training, and being coached and trained by coaches in various fields
- 15+ years of being completely symptom and medicine free from ADHD, and five other mental illnesses
- Founder of the global ADHD Mastery Empowerment Network
- Founding member of the international IMPACT coaches association
- Founder and Creator of the Overcome ADHD Mastery System
- Trained therapist, doctors, counselors, and other professionals in that system
I am a Master Certified Teacher with over 20,000 hours of training and coaching experience in the techniques that have been proven to be so incredibly effective for ADHD and attention issues. My training has come from several life coaches, mentors, business coaches, mind body masters throughout the past 20 years, and is from a 10,000 year old tradition. I come from the old school of thought that you have to have done and mastered the very thing you are looking to help others through or else you lack knowledge and experience to do it. In an effort to address this, we have launched our own certification program that sets a higher standard.
The Overcome ADHD Mastery System has been taught to professionals for many years and we currently are a certifying agency for coaches, therapists, doctors, and counselors. We set the bar higher for ADHD coaching certification as we require that those wishing to teach others to master ADHD must have done the same themselves. In review of all the coaching certification course out there...we meet and far exceed the benchmarks of those programs. The ADHD Mastery System is unlike any coaching program out there as it combines mind body techniques with life coaching, and creates a fusion that is not in any of the coaching certification programs, but it has been proven to be extremely effective in studies. Since no other agency is qualified in the techniques that make our system so powerful we do not see the sense in seeking outside coaching certification. We are looking instead to offer coaches a way to evolve their practice through our 5,000 hour training program, and to help those who have overcome ADHD and wish to help others to get the recognition they deserve..
Q: Can I pay per session?
A: I used to allow this until I did a study on clients that paid upfront versus clients that paid weekly. I found that clients who paid weekly were more prone to cancellation, lack of follow through, lack of commitment, and overall not really dedicated to the program. The program builds a certain momentum that needs to be nurtured, and when the temptation is there to start and stop whenever then it leads to poor results. I have found that everyone of my clients that has committed with payment has worked the system to get wonderful results! The money is really about your commitment level to yourself. We don't want to waste your money and time or my time as well. The system works if you work it, and if you are ready to commit, then we are going forward. I do not take on clients that wish to try it out. We either do it or we don't. The choice is yours!
Q: Do you have references I can contact to ask about you?
A: There are several professional recommendations on my local site (click here) along with over 200 endorsements on LinkedIn from professionals that know me. I work along side many therapists, counselors, doctors, and medical professionals. I am well known in my community, and you are free to contact any of them, and ask about me on your own behalf. Due to my time constraints, and also that I wouldn't want these professionals to get overloaded with calls or emails...I am going to leave contacting them up to you rather than posting or giving out their personal info. Go to my LinkedIn profile here.... click here.
Q: Is your program evidence based?
A: Absolutely! Yes all our techniques that our program is based on are well researched and proven to be incredibly effective for ADHD.
Here is a short summary of the results of those studies:
- Techniques had a 30% reduction in ADHD symptoms
- 50% increase in executive functioning abilities
- 60-80% reduction of ADHD symptoms over time!
We combine coaching and mindfulness in a way that is far more powerful, and leads to truly overcoming and mastering ADHD with major effects within the first month!
Interested in Overcoming ADHD? Contact Tom for a Clarity Call